Serving Snohomish | Marysville | Arlington | Camano Island
Weeds are infamous for conquering landscapes and lawns of all types. When not taken care of in a timely and proper manner, weeds can quickly overtake and kill large sections of your lawn.
At Pratt Pest Management, we go the extra mile to make sure weeds don’t seize control of your beautiful green grass through a couple of uniquely effective methods.
We believe that the key to effective lawn weed control is to eliminate invasive plants without harming the grass surrounding it. When you enlist our help, our technicians will not only rid your yard of ugly weeds but also promote healthy lawn growth.
Need a Lawn Care And Plant Health Service Estimate?
We’ll call you back in 30 minutes or less.
Why Weeds GrowBy definition, a weed is technically any wild plant that grows in a location that is not desired. What makes weeds such a threat is the fact that they’re opportunistic and can grow any time and anywhere. The seeds produced by weeds spread easily, which is why weeds can take over a landscape rather rapidly. Several conditions encourage weeds to multiply more rapidly, including:
- Diseased spots: Brown or bare spots created by disease or fungus in a lawn can create an opportunity for weeds to thrive.
- Heavy traffic: If your lawn experiences heavy traffic from kids or pets, the grass can become damaged or thinner, which allows weeds to grow in.
- Drought: Weather conditions such as drought can cause damage to a lawn, encouraging weeds to grow.
- Insect infestations: If insects feed on your lawn and render it unhealthy, weeds will likely appear.
- Over-watering: While proper watering prevents weed growth, over-watering can promote weed growth in specific lawns.
Pratt Lawn Weed Control SolutionsTrying to get rid of weeds yourself can be time-consuming and ineffective if you’re unsure what type of weed you’re dealing with. The experts at Pratt know what specific treatments will work for different types of weeds as well as how to apply them effectively and strategically. In addition, we provide two weed control methods:
- Bare Ground Program: In this method, we apply non-selective and/or pre-emergence weed control to driveways, right of ways, walkways, parking lots, industrial sites, etc. to provide long-lasting and vegetation-free surfaces. We recommend at least two treatments annually.
- Plant Bed Program: Designed to reduce the need for hand-pulling the many common annual and perennial weed species, this is a pre-emergence weed control that is applied to plant beds and landscaped areas. Greater frequency means greater control, which is why we recommend at least two treatments annually.