Serving Snohomish | Marysville | Arlington | Camano Island
Proper lawn care entails a lot more than fertilization and regular maintenance. Lawn pest and lawn insect control is a crucial part of keeping your lawn looking its best throughout the entire year.
This is best achieved by receiving regular services from a pest control company that uses a safe approach in eliminating lawn insects and other unwanted pests from ruining your lawn.
At Pratt Pest Management, we have the unique experience of being experts in both lawn care and pest control services, making us exceptionally suited to exterminate any insects that may be threatening your lawn.
Need a Lawn Care And Plant Health Service Estimate?
We’ll call you back in 30 minutes or less.
Common Lawn InsectsWhen people think of pest control, they assume pests in residential or commercial buildings. However, pests and insects often find their ideal environment right in your front yard. Shrubs are especially susceptible to pests and insects, the most common of which include:
- Grubs (beetle larvae): White grubs feed on the grass roots that lie just below the soil’s surface.
- Chinch bug: Different types of chinch bugs attack various types of grass by sucking on blades.
- Sod webworm: These eat grass blades and entire stems.
- Armyworm: In addition to eating blades and stems, armyworms skeletonize leaves on other plants as well.
- Cutworm: These nocturnal worms emerge at night to feed on entire stems.
How to Prevent Lawn InsectsThere are a number of things that may make your lawn more susceptible to insects throughout the year. Even when you keep your lawn as healthy as possible, insects can still take over and destroy your hard work. Several things that may help reduce the risk of lawn insects include:
- Removing areas of standing water. Excess moisture attracts pests and insects of all kinds.
- Picking up debris or clutter. Piles of foliage and stored items in the yard provide shelter for insects.
- Keeping lawns tidy and trimmed. Unruly grass, weeds, and shrubs are attractive to insects.
- Investing in professional pest control services! An expert knows exactly how to protect your lawn from insects.