Serving Snohomish | Marysville | Arlington | Camano Island
Few industries deal with the types of pest problems faced by the restaurant industry. Restaurants, commercial kitchens, and other food service buildings have the highest standards when it comes to pest management, and for good reason.
If a guest sees a rodent or cockroach while visiting a restaurant, it can not only ruin the reputation of the establishment but also possibly lead to citations or a complete shut-down!
At Pratt Pest Management, we are dedicated to working directly with restaurant owners to not only control active infestations but prevent future ones as well!
Need a Commercial Pest Control Estimate?
We’ll call you back in 30 minutes or less.
Common Pests in Food Service IndustriesThere’s no wondering why pests are so attracted to restaurants: the access to food and shelter found inside any food establishment is ample, making it an ideal environment for all types of pests. Even in the tidiest of facilities, endless food is distributed and people travel in and out of the restaurant daily, raising the risk of pests making their way inside. The most frequently found pests in restaurants and commercial kitchens include:
- Pantry beetles
The Safety Concerns of Pests in RestaurantsOnce pests have infested a restaurant, it can be hard to get rid of them. Besides ruining the reputation of a dining establishment, pests bring along many other problems that endanger the restaurant’s food safety, employees, and guests alike:
- Pests can possibly carry diseases such as typhoid, cholera, E. coli, and salmonella.
- They can contaminate food with droppings, urine, and filth.
- Rodents can directly carry and thus introduce other pests such as ticks, mites, and flees.
- Severe damage can be inflicted upon buildings, wiring, fixtures, and machinery.
- Pests can cause damage and messes that are expensive to clean up.