The key is proper sanitation and housekeeping to control flies. Following these following steps will help you limit and control flies.
- Remove garbage at least 3 times per week.
- Get garbage cans with tightly fitted lids.
- Keep garbage cans as far away from doors and windows as possible.
- Keep doors and windows closed or properly screened.
- Pick up animal droppings.
- Remove dead animals or birds that have died in or around your home, walls and attic.
- Keep exposed food covered.
- Do not over water houseplants.
- Clean up under tables and hard to reach areas.
- Unclog all drains.
- Use fly traps, sprays or baits to kill and control flies indoors.
If you have tried these steps and still have a problem, contact Western Exterminator, formerly Pratt Pest today!