No one wants to deal with a bed bug problem! Not only are bed bugs a nuisance, they bite and an infestation can cause a lot of distress. To avoid the frustration of dealing with these pests, it’s important to learn how to protect your property and family from them year-round. Anyone is susceptible to getting a bed bug problem, even if your property is clean and well-kept. Thankfully, there are several ways you can stay proactive about keeping bed bugs away from your home or business.
The team at Western Exterminator, formerly Pratt Pest want to keep our customers safe from bed bugs year round–check out our top tips for doing so.
Keeping Bed Bugs Away in 6 Steps
In addition to keeping a clean home, there are several bed bugs solutions to lessen the risk of getting an infestation:
- Recognize the signs of bed bugs. Some of the most common signs of these bugs include dark stains on bedding (from fecal matter or blood), as well as white sticky eggs and bite marks on your skin. To avoid an infestation, it’s important to know how to recognize these.
- Take caution in buying used items. Transporting used goods into your home is an easy way to get bed bugs. Always thoroughly check secondhand items before bringing them inside.
- Place covers on power outlets. As weird as it seems, power outlets are ideal hiding spots for bed bugs. Cover the outlets with a simple outlet plug to keep them away.
- Make use of vacuum-sealed bags. Vacuum-sealed bags help provide a barrier between your clothing and bed bugs looking for a place to reside.
- Cover your mattress. By covering your mattress with a protector that can prevent tears or holes, you can eliminate one of their main hiding spots
- Take precautions when traveling. Bed bug infestations are known to start when the bugs are brought home from a trip due to infested hotels or luggage.
Need a pest control estimate?
We’ll call you back in 30 minutes or less.
Does Bed Bug Prevention Work?
Unfortunately, bed bug problems can be very random with no rhyme or reason. No matter how clean your home is, you still could be vulnerable to an infestation. Bed bugs spread much more easily than you think. As soon as you think you see the signs of an infestation, call your local bed bug exterminators for an inspection. By always being on the lookout for the signs, you can prevent a bed bug infestation!
Western Exterminator's Bed Bugs Solution
Our team knows that these bloodsucking pests are frustrating and downright distressing. If you've done all you can for keeping bed bugs away but have noticed the signs of a problem, it's time to call us. Our experts know how to keep bed bugs out for good. Contact us today to learn more!