Finding bed bugs can be difficult without the help of a professional bed bug removal expert. In order to prevent an infestation, it's important to know how to recognize the signs of bed bugs. This includes bites on your skin and stains on your bedding. Learn more!Signs of Bed Bugs
Bed Bug Exterminators - Control - Removal
Bed bugs are elusive but resilient creatures that can quickly become the bane of any homeowner’s life during an infestation. To get rid of them, it’s important to always enlist the help of a professional bed bug exterminator.
Call Now for Expert Bed Bug Removal!
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you back in 30 minutes or less.
Your Local Bed Bug Control Experts
Because of their tenacity and ability to hide, even the smallest infestation requires the help of a bed bug exterminator to ensure 100 percent elimination. Whether you discover bed bugs in your hotel or home, it’s time to call the bed bug control experts at Western Exterminator, formerly Pratt Pest.
Our aggressive bed bug control approach not only ensures they are completely exterminated but also prevents new infestations from forming.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are tiny pests that, to the untrained eye, can look a lot like other minuscule bugs! Bed bugs have the following appearance:
- Adult bed bugs can grow up to 5 mm in size. Their dark brown bodies are oval-shaped and mostly flat.
- Nymph bed bugs are hardly noticeable at only 1-4 mm in length. They are also transparent or white in color.
- After a blood meal, bed bugs can appear engorged and red in the abdomen.
- Bed bug eggs are the size of a pinhead and pearly white in color.
Contrary to what their name might suggest, bed bugs do not only infest beds. These bloodsuckers live in groups and typically inhabit locations where people sleep or rest for extended periods of time. While this definitely includes beds, they have also been found in furniture, upholstered sofas, cracks and crevices in walls, and even power outlets!
Bed bug bites are frequently confused for other types of bug bites. There are a few ways to tell when you have been bitten by bed bugs:
- Bed bug bites typically occur on parts of the body that are most exposed during sleep, including arms, legs, and even your neck.
- Their bites often look to be in a pattern, such as a straight line or zigzag lines.
- Bites can cause a number of symptoms from red, itchy marks to more swollen areas. Some people won’t develop symptoms at all. More serious symptoms are rare*.
*If experiencing a severe reaction to a bite, seek immediate medical attention.
Bed bugs inject saliva that contains an anesthetic that inhibits you from feeling anything. Bed bug bite symptoms are usually mild and not dangerous. Although many bed bug myths would lead to you believe otherwise, bed bug bites do not transmit any dangerous diseases unlike some pests. Symptoms can usually be eased with OTC hydrocortisone creams and pain killers. Always consult a medical professional for more serious symptoms.
In addition to bed bug bites on your skin, there are several signs of bed bugs that indicate you may have an infestation:
- Adult bed bugs. While nymphs are difficult to see, you can often see adult bed bugs gathered together in their hiding spots.
- Stains on bedding. Bed bugs leave a stain when crushed. You may also notice blood stains from their feeding habits on your bed.
- Tiny eggs or eggshells. Although rarely seen, a magnifying glass may allow you to be able to see them. They are white and the size of a pinhead.
Bed bugs cannot be treated with at-home or DIY methods. Attempting to get rid of them yourself can lengthen the process. At Western Exterminator, our bed bug treatment strategy focuses on exterminating bed bugs utilizing the industry’s best bed bug treatment options. We guarantee our services to leave you bed bug-free!
Bed bug infestations can seem random. Thankfully, there are several things you can do to possibly prevent them:
- Use a mattress cover
- Take care while traveling
- Use vacuum-sealed bags for clothing
- Cover power outlets
- Be wary of used, possibly infested items
- Have frequent inspections from a professional
Professional Bed Bug Removal
Bed bugs can survive both low and high temperatures, are known to hide in small spaces, and they can live almost anywhere their hosts live. The bed bug exterminators at Western Exterminator have years of experience required to quickly detect bed bugs (sometimes with the help of canine inspectors), and implement bed bug control treatments to ensure their elimination.
Our bed bug control solution includes a combination of thorough monitoring, steam or vacuum removal, exclusion when possible, careful use of approved insecticides, education and training, and K-9 detection as necessary.
Call our bed bug control team today to learn more about our bed bug removal services!