Ant problems are dreaded by everyone. Unfortunately, ant problems happen to everyone! Because ants are so common here in Washington, it’s important to know what all you can do to keep ants away. By implementing the best ant prevention tips, you can lessen the risk of an ant infestation in your home. For preventing ants, it’s generally important to keep a tidy home and to clean up messes promptly.
The team at Western Exterminator, formerly Pratt Pest knows how frustrating ant problems are, which is why we want to share our top ant problem prevention tips. Keep reading to learn the top ways to keep ants out.
Ant Prevention Tips That Work
Ant removal can be difficult once you have an infestation, making prevention the best method of ant control. Our top ways to keep ants out include:
- Eliminate sources of excess moisture or standing water.
- Fix leaky pipes and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Use a dehumidifier in damp basements or crawl spaces.
- Ensure downspouts and gutters are functioning properly.
- Limit their access to food and shelter.
- Keep your kitchen clean and free of crumbs.
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly.
- Store any food in airtight containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Seal entry points into your property.
- Routinely inspect your property for cracks or other entry points, and seal them.
- Double-check that your windows and doors don’t have cracks, or install screens to help keep pests out.
Need a pest control estimate?
We’ll call you back in 30 minutes or less.
Preventing Ants Naturally
If you want to say goodbye to your ant problem, all-natural or DIY ant prevention tips are not going to cut it. That said, some methods have proven to be helpful for preventing ants. Planting mint around the perimeter of your home, using a vinegar and water spray solution, or spreading diatomaceous earth, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper, or black pepper around your home may help keep ants away. However, please remember that these all-natural ant problem prevention tips will not work to treat a full-blown infestation. It's always recommended to enlist the help of an ant exterminator for any type of ant problem.
How to Keep Ants Out Year-Round
Ants are a fact of life here in Washington. If you've had them, you know how tricky it can be to get rid of them. To keep ants away for good, it's always best to team up with a professional pest control company. The team here at Western Exterminator know how to keep ants out and will provide you with expert ant prevention tips. Contact us today to learn more!